Friday, May 07, 2010

Another Round, and a Roundtable

RoundtableAnother all-nighter for yr humble insomniac. In fact, the tourney I’m covering -- which started yesterday afternoon -- is still going as I type.

Not running so good, am I. Indeed, truth be told, I’m mostly just crawling.

Brock “t soprano” Parker, winner of two bracelets at last summer’s World Series of Poker, is trying to claim a little SCOOP bling here in Event No. 12-High, the $2,600 No-Limit Hold’em (with Knockout Bounties).

Parker is currently the short stack with three players left, though that ain’t botherin’ him. As evidenced by this recent chatbox exchange with Team PokerStars Pro Maridu Mayrinck:

Maridu [Team Pro]: just out of curiosity what time is it for each of you guys?
t soprano: clobberin time
Maridu [Team Pro]: lol


All of which means I’ve got a lot else to write here this morning. But let me take the opportunity to point everyone to the first installment of my two-part “WSOP Bloggers Roundtable” over on Betfair Poker.

I think I’ve mentioned this here once or twice before. I invited 12 different poker bloggers, all of whom have covered the World Series of Poker over the last few years, each to answer six questions about the upcoming WSOP and their own experiences covering it. The first six-handed roundtable went up this morning, featuring F-Train, Brad “Otis” Willis, Benjo, Michele Lewis, Dr. Pauly, and Jason “Spaceman” Kirk. The second part will appear next Friday.

Over on Twitter this a.m., the PokerGrump likened my organizational skills to Tom Sawyer’s sneaky efforts to get his pals to whitewash that fence at the beginning of Twain’s novel -- i.e., get others to write my column for me. Hey, I’m not exactly denying it, but really, it’s not every day a person gets to whitewash a fence, is it?

Nor is it everyday one gets to assemble so many excellent pokery anecdotes and insights in one place, so go check out “WSOP Bloggers Roundtable, Part 1” -- and stay tuned for Part 2.

Back to the tourney for me. If my weary brain is any indication, it has been “clobberin time” for several days now.

But I’m off the canvas! I’m not out yet! Looks like Parker just went out in third. Let’s do this!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Pauly said...

Thanks again for having me!

5/07/2010 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.