Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ready Or Not

Flying to LV tomorrowFlight to Vegas takes off in just over twenty-four hours. Then we’re looking at a couple of months in the desert to witness and report on what remains the greatest poker show on earth, the World Series of Poker. Will be working with a terrific group of folks at PokerNews this summer, and I feel fortunate to be part of the team.

I expect to be fully connected while there, and so am hoping to keep blogging away over here throughout the summer. Dunno if I’ll have the energy or stamina of a Dr. Pauly (does anyone?), who for the past few summers has managed the live blogging thing as well as extensive daily reports over on Tao of Poker. But I do intend to check in here frequently in order to try to chronicle my excellent adventure.

Thanks again to everybody for all the good vibes. Talk to you soon.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger OhCaptain said...

Have a safe trip Shamus!

I'm looking forward to all your reports.

5/24/2008 12:49 PM  
Blogger Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Thanks, Cap'n!

5/24/2008 3:57 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

If you're not too busy, get in touch with me when you arrive. (Dan can give you my number.) Would love to meet you and chat before the madness begins!

5/24/2008 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time Shamus, and keep us all updated!

5/25/2008 6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm made up you've been given this opportunity mate, I think I stand for all your readers when I say nobody in the blogging community deserves it more.

I've been with this blog for an age now and I'm always amazed at the sheer amount of work that goes into it.

Keep it up amte and I'm looking forward to your Vegas exploits!

5/25/2008 6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck. Just found your blog a week ago. I stop in every day to check it out now. Love the reporting you do. Looking forward to reading more.

5/25/2008 8:27 AM  
Blogger Short-Stacked Shamus said...

I made it (to LV). And I'm reconnected to the intertubes. Thanks, everybody!

Will do, Jen.

5/25/2008 5:43 PM  
Blogger Amatay said...

gl fishay, keep us oopdated

5/26/2008 1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your trip to Vegas. Keep us all updated on what's happening at PokerNews, and at the World Poker Event! Safe travels!

5/26/2008 4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little late but have fun and good luck in Vegas!

I'll be looking forward to all your reports and what not.

I hear Jennicide might be wearing Lingerie to the Main Event so please get pictures ;-)

5/28/2008 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.