Monday, August 24, 2009

Travel Report, EPT Kyiv: Day 5

Flying Home from Kyiv, UkraineBack home, safe and sound. The trip from Kyiv to Frankfurt to Cincinnati to home was relatively smooth, though took about 20 hours total and so I’m afraid I’m too sapped to write much of anything today. That’s a pic out the window from the first leg of our journey, for which we flew Ukrainian International Airlines.

The EPT Kyiv Main Event ended somewhat excitingly, with the Russian Maxim Lykov -- who had ended the previous three days as the chip leader -- taking it down. The coverage went well, I think, and in the end it was a very satisfying week of reporting. Was a blast working with Eric, Glo, Jeremy, and John, as well as alongside all of the other folks there reporting for the many different sites.

Speaking of, just before play began yesterday, I was interviewed by a Ukrainian poker site called Balaganoff. Grigory, my interviewer, asked me about winning the media tourney, my visit to Kyiv, and my experiences this week covering the event. Here’s the interview, if yr curious. Starts out with a couple of minutes of montage from the media tourney, then comes me (dubbed, natch).

I’ll be back on tomorrow with a few last reflections on the trip. For now, it is time to get some rest.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

which tournaments do you think are the softest live tournaments in europe ?

8/25/2009 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.