Thursday, June 11, 2009

2009 WSOP, Day 15: Live from the Rio

The Hardcore Poker ShowYesterday’s final day of Event No. 19, the $2,500 No-Limit Hold’em Six-Handed event, was one of the more intriguing ones, poker-wise, I think I have covered this summer. Particularly the final six-handed table, where there were several interesting hands and moments along the way. Amazingly, Brock Parker, who won his first WSOP bracelet last Sunday in a short-handed limit event (Event No. 14), won this one, too.

I wanted to share a few thoughts about that final table here, both about the play and my helping cover it for PokerNews. I also wanted to write something today about the subject of puns (as I alluded to in yesterday’s post). I am off today, and so I think I might come back on here more than once this afternoon to write about these topics in separate posts. Wanted to pass along a couple of messages first, though.

During a break yesterday I appeared as a guest on the Hardcore Poker Show (the 6/10/09 episode) to talk for a short while from the Rio about the WSOP. That show goes out live on Sirius radio, then is made available as a podcast.

If yr curious to hear me, click here to get to the segment on which I appear. This is the first half of the show, and I’m on there right at the end for the last five minutes or so. Thanks to hosts Chris Tessaro and Rob Pizzo for having me on -- it was a blast.

Incidentally, when I told my blogging partner, Homer, last night that I was going to be on the show and explained that it appears on the Sirius network, you can guess what his response was.

“Oh, that’s the network where they never make any jokes, right?”

Like I say, more on puns later.

The Poker Grump running goodFinally, I want to send good vibes to my friend the Poker Grump who is taking a seat in today’s Event No. 24, the $1,500 No-Limit Hold’em event that starts up in just a little while at noon today. That picture to the left is a live action shot of him running good in the PokerListings’ Run Good Challenge 3: WSOP Edition last month where he won his seat in today’s event. We’ll all get to read about his experience on his excellent blog later on.

Back in a while.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.