Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Destination Vegas

Destination VegasVegasward we go. Not much time to talk.

A quick trip, this, arriving later this morning and leaving Sunday afternoon. The 2009 Fédération Équestre Internationale World Cup Finals is happening. That’s dressage, folks. Comes to Vegas every odd-numbered year (is in Europe for the evens). As mentioned here before, Vera Valmore rides, and so she’ll be there watching most of the dressage events. Vera and I were there in ’07, as documented in these here “Shamus in Vegas” posts.

I’ll be at the big finale on Saturday, though will be occupied with several other activities before then.

Have various items on the agenda already. Gonna try to make the Wednesday Poker Discussion Group over at Binion’s with the Poker Grump. Plan on checking out the collections over at the Center for Gaming Research at UNLV later in the week. Might take a quick trip over to the Gamblers Book Shop, as I usually try to do whenever in LV. Have plans to be there at the Bellagio on Saturday as the World Poker Tour Championship kicks off, where I’ll be meeting up with various pokery people. Also looking forward to hanging out some with F-Train, BWoP, Cardgrrl, Pokerati Dan, and maybe B.J. Nemeth if I can track him down. There are probably others there, too, I should hope to find this week.

Oh, and I may well be playing a little poker here and there, too. We’ll see.

Anyhow, I expect to be all wired while there and so will report back soon. Talk to you again from the middle of the desert.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger gadzooks64 said...

I am so jealous. I can't make it out to Vegas for the WSOP this summer and I'm bummed about it.

BJ is on twitter. If all else fails I'm sure you can contact him that way.

Enjoy your trip!

4/15/2009 8:40 AM  
Blogger BWoP said...

See you soon!

4/15/2009 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.