Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On Bloggers, Catheters, & Eleven Secret Herbs and Spices

Played in that PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker this evening, one of the three no-limit hold’em preliminary events scheduled this week.

Had a decent first hour (was something like 90th of the 300 left at that point), but made a dumb, impatient move with pocket jacks halfway through Hour 2 that sent me to the rail around 280th (of the 559 who came out). In other words, well shy of the top 72, all of whom qualified for Sunday’s final. ’Twas a fun (if brief) ride, though.

At one point early on I made a quick scan of the list of entrants to see how many I could recognize. Saw a number of familiar folks, including the esteemed authors of A Moment with Easycure, Dead Money = SirAlCantHang, Irongirl, JasonKirk.net, Life’s a JOPKE el-o-el..., Lair of Lucypher, OMGWTF: It’s a Blog!?, Poker Grump, Poker Wannabe, Pot Committed, Red Bull & Poker, Table Tango, Tao of Poker, The Goat Speaks, and TripJax.

I’m certain there were many others there whom I regularly read, but I either didn't know or didn't spot their screen names.

On my initial table, we were having fun joking around in the chatbox after I’d managed to double up early with pocket kings versus a player with pocket treys. Someone commented on the hand, speculating about how it might be subsequently described in folks’ blogs.

Kentucky Fried ChickenThen another player piped up to say all he wrote about on his blog was going to Kentucky Fried Chicken. That prompted a humorous stretch of poker-slash-KFC commentary, with people suggesting PokerStars should give away KFC vouchers for FPPs, arguing for the merits of “KFC turbos,” and discussing a number of other important, finger lickin’ matters.

I then was moved to a table where my buds the Poker Grump and Spaceman were seated. Not much of note happened there (other than some more fun banter). Wasn’t too long after I was moved to my next table that I was bounced.

I logged off, then hopped back on later to follow the tourney a bit more. Found the Poker Grump and Gadzooks at the same table, and so watched them for a while. At one point, Poker Grump suggested to the table a new invention for online poker players, the Poker Catheter. I chimed in from the rail that PokerStars could offer them for Fpeepees.

Soon after that, the field had finally shrunk down under 72. Another quick check of the leaderboard revealed the Poker Grump, Gadzooks, and Easycure all made it! Way to go, peoples! And good luck on Sunday in the big finale, where you will join Haley, who qualified in Monday’s PLO event.

Chances are good that I’ll be keeping an eye on all of youse on Sunday as I’m currently slated to do a little live blogging of the finale for PokerStars. Who else out there do I know who has made it?

Gonna sign off now. Suddenly have a hankerin’ for some extra crispy.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad we got to share a table together for a bit. Maybe the next one will have the adjective "final" in front of it. :-)

12/17/2008 4:26 AM  
Blogger LP said...

Dang, missed playing w/ you guys...maybe the next one.

12/17/2008 8:32 AM  
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

I was playing at the table when the catheter comments came. What a hoot.

12/17/2008 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.