Thursday, December 02, 2010

Nominated! Bluff Reader’s Choice Awards (Favorite Poker Blog)

Bluff MagazineTraveling can be great fun, no doubt. Of course, one of the greatest things about traveling is coming home.

Got a good night’s sleep, although I did wake up a few times with fleeting thoughts of posting hands, searching for wi-fi connectivity, and racing to make flight connections. One time when I woke, I actually thought I was slumped in an airplane seat, and when I realized where I was -- in my own bed -- I was overjoyed to realize I’d been mistaken.

Will be spending the day finishing unpacking and getting further reoriented. A lot of catching up to do, and so haven’t too much time today to write.

I did, however, want to share some nifty news -- Hard-Boiled Poker has been nominated as a “favorite poker blog” as part of Bluff Magazine’s recently announced, sixth annual “Reader’s Choice Awards.” No shinola! (Unless, of course, this is yet another dream, which is possible.)

Am reasonably certain that anyone reading this blog probably also keeps up with and digs (like me) the other nominees -- Wicked Chops Poker, Pokerati, and Tao of Poker. Am pretty sure those guys have all been nominated before, and I know WCP won the sucker last year. (Can’t recall if Pauly or Dan’s blogs have won before.)

Here’s the article from today listing the nominees. It looks like voting opens on December 6th, at which time I’ll probably put a link up somewhere on here.

Big thanks to Bluff for the nod. And I promise, regular posting to resume tomorrow.

I mean, I gotta kick-start the campaign, right?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Yours is without a doubt one of the best poker blogs out there. It seems like the number of real poker blogs is dwindling by the day, but you consistently deliver solid, original and well thought-out poker content. Hope you take it down this year.

12/02/2010 2:40 PM  
Blogger bastinptc said...

Ditto, but man, the pressure!

12/02/2010 2:56 PM  
Blogger Sean G said...

Yours is far and away my favorite. WCP lost me a while back with their gimmicks, misogyny, and right-wing attitude. ToP is fun to read but imo Pauly's image-driven work can't compete with your fairness and even-handed (not to mention modest) reporting. I like Dan M. but he's already gotten enough being part of the award-winning Poker Beat. I hope you take it down, although modest honesty can rarely hold up against self-promotion and gimmickry.

12/02/2010 3:52 PM  
Blogger OhCaptain said...

Very cool! You've got my vote

12/03/2010 12:54 AM  
Blogger Pauly said...

Congrats on the nod! Glad that you finally got some recognition.

12/05/2010 1:46 AM  
Blogger Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Big, big thanks, all! Much appreciated.

12/05/2010 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.