Friday, October 28, 2016

Travel Report: EPT13 Malta, Day 9 & Departure -- Blowing Through

The wind has been howling here in Malta the last couple of days. I know that’s an overused expression, but in this case it’s entirely apt.

The last two evenings I’m guessing the gusts have been in the 20-plus miles per hour range at least, which means at night there’s a constant whipping sound happening outside.

There’s also a soft whine coming in through the sliding glass doors of my room, which putting down towels and pillows doesn’t seem to lessen. I’m up on the sixth floor, and when I took up the towels this morning I could smell the salty sea on them even this high up.

This was my last day of helping report on the European Poker Tour Malta festival, and again I was on the €10K High Roller as it worked down to tomorrow’s finale. Things are moving along quickly both in this one and in the Main Event, which I imagine is probably going to make for a relatively short day for the fellas tomorrow. (I’m free to speculate this way without worrying about jinxing anything, since I’ll be on a plane and homeward bound.)

We made it back down to the Blue Elephant for another nice dinner, and afterwards a few of us went for a walk around the harbor out back and got knocked around by the wind which again was fierce. Could practically lean against it -- I’m not joking.

The whole trip ended up blowing by as well, perhaps because I was so busy throughout the entire time I’ve been here. I’m definitely ready to get back to the farm, though, even if only for a couple of days before I head back out again to New Jersey next week.

Flying back through Munich on Saturday, which will put me home late afternoon -- just in time to help feed some horses, I expect. Check the PokerStars blog to see who ends up winning these last two big events in Malta, and I’ll catch up with you again next week once I’ve ridden the wind back stateside.

Image: “KNOW MALTA,” Peter Grima. CC BY-SA 2.0.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.